With an MVV-application, there is no need to provide original documents. This is only necessary when the IND specifically asks for it, e.g. to research the document. Original documents, such as a birth certificate or a certificate of non-impediment, would be better off in the foreign country with the applicant. Namely because these documents must be showed at the Dutch embassy when the MVV is issued. After that, the applicant can take the documents with them to the Netherlands.

Also, it is not required to submit the original signed forms with the MVV-application. Forms such as an antecedents certificate or a relationship declaration can be signed abroad by the foreign partner or family member and these can be scanned (digitally) and returned to the reference in the Netherlands. This scan or photo can be used for the MVV-application.